Landscape Architecture with ConceptDraw DIAGRAM
The concept landscape architecture includes landscape planning, design and creation, as well as the management of resources and buildings. With reference to smaller scale projects the design stage and planning are referred to as landscape design. Accordingly, for owners of private houses the time scales and size of projects are smaller, and the section for such projects is referred to as garden design.
The specific design documentation is created independently from the scale of project, and at this stage the irreplaceable assistant for you is ConceptDraw.
Included in the project documents are:
- a general plan,
- working documentation.
In addition to this, included in the working documentation besides various estimates and pages are also:
- The marked drawing of a lay-out on which is shown how the building elements will be added to an
already existing structure. On this drawing all existing lines of supply such as water and gas
pipelines, as well as electricity and telephone lines must be marked out.
- The planting drawing and development plan. On the planting plan is shown how the planted area will
be laid out and how it will fit in with the other elements of the plan. On this landscape
development plan the fixed arrangement of specific plants is shown.
Drawings and plans can all be created using ConceptDraw library objects such as trees, bushes, ponds, fountains, plots, fences, garden accessories, furniture, roofs, patios, flowers, grass, plumbing, roads, junctions, entertainment, walls, windows, doors, etc.
By using multilayered pages, all your work can be collected together on one ConceptDraw
document. As well as this, by using layers on one drawing it is possible to show the levels
of the location dynamically, the plan of the location with lines of supply, and also the
plan with and without buildings.
To create a ConceptDraw drawing you first have to open a template from a gallery and then
all the libraries needed for your work will open automatically.
After opening a template you can set its parameters, such as unit of measurement, scale and
page size. Then simply drag the objects you need from the library to the document page, set
the sizes and arrange them how you want.
The convenience of ConceptDraw is that although you can only place available library objects on the page
of the document, you can always create an object and add it to your own library for later use.
Objects in ConceptDraw can be connected to each other or to a group. For example, if you show a water
pipe in the form of a connection between two final points, when moving these points it will
automatically be extended or shortened.
As the plan created using ConceptDraw is not a static document, it can be used not only in the work of
landscape architects and engineers, but also by landscape managers who maintain artificial landscapes
such as parks and gardens, or natural landscapes like woodlands or nature reserves. The landscape
manager or engineer can easily transfer ConceptDraw objects of landscape design directly to a document
in order to view the end result, as well as use ConceptDraw smart objects to understand their physical
influence on the environment. For example, how the shadow from an object will change depending on the
position of the sun, how the finished work will look when viewed from a different angle such as the
window of a building, what changes the addition of new objects to an existing landscape will make, or
even how much a tree will bend in a strong wind.
It goes without saying that a plan or drawing created using ConceptDraw can be printed or exported to a
variety of formats such as:
- HTML for use on a web page
PDF for printing and viewing
MS PowerPoint for presentations, and many more.
Pic. 1. Landscape Design Software for Apple OS X and Microsoft Windows
The Landscape & Garden solution for ConceptDraw DIAGRAM includes a wide collection of templates and samples to help you draw any landscape-related diagrams and schemas as quickly as possible.
Pic. 2. Landscape Architecture solution
This solution contains four libraries which are very useful for creating such plans. The Parking and Roads library contains elements for comfortable parking projection: ramps, driveway, intersections, parking lines and parking stalls.
The Site Accessories library contains useful elements with various urban objects: benches, lamp posts, site lights, drains, gates etc. You can add elements from this library to a parking plan or a street plan.
The Trees and Plants library contains various shapes of trees, tree crowns, evergreen shrubs, hedges, grass, etc.
The Vehicles 2D library contains vector shapes of cars, trucks, pickups, buses and vans. This library is useful for lane planning, parking plans, etc. You can color them with any shade you like.
It is worth mentioning that all these elements are stretchable, and you can customize them in every way you want.
The following features make ConceptDraw DIAGRAM the best Landscape Design Software:
- You don't need to be an artist to draw professional looking diagrams in a few minutes.
- Large quantity of ready-to-use vector objects makes your drawing diagrams quick and easy.
- Great number of predesigned templates and samples give you the good start for your own diagrams.
- ConceptDraw DIAGRAM provides you the possibility to use the grid, rules and guides. You can easily rotate, group, align, arrange the objects, use different fonts and colors to make your diagram exceptionally looking.
- All ConceptDraw DIAGRAM documents are vector graphic files and are available for reviewing, modifying, and converting to a variety of formats: image, HTML, PDF file, MS PowerPoint Presentation, Adobe Flash, MS Visio.
- Using ConceptDraw STORE you can navigate through ConceptDraw Solution Park, managing downloads and updates. You can access libraries, templates and samples directly from the ConceptDraw STORE.
- If you have any questions, our free of charge support is always ready to come to your aid.
Related How To's