Design elements - Transistors
The vector stencils library "Transistors" contains 30 symbols of transistors drawing electronic schematics and circuit diagrams.
"A transistor is a semiconductor device used to amplify and switch electronic signals and electrical power. It is composed of semiconductor material with at least three terminals for connection to an external circuit. A voltage or current applied to one pair of the transistor's terminals changes the current through another pair of terminals. Because the controlled (output) power can be higher than the controlling (input) power, a transistor can amplify a signal. Today, some transistors are packaged individually, but many more are found embedded in integrated circuits.
The transistor is the fundamental building block of modern electronic devices, and is ubiquitous in modern electronic systems. ...
Transistors are categorized by:
(1) Semiconductor material...: the metalloids germanium ... and silicon ... in amorphous, polycrystalline and monocrystalline form; the compounds gallium arsenide ... and silicon carbide ..., the alloy silicon-germanium ..., the allotrope of carbon graphene ...
(2) Structure: BJT, JFET, IGFET (MOSFET), insulated-gate bipolar transistor, "other types"
(3) Electrical polarity (positive and negative): n–p–n, p–n–p (BJTs); n-channel, p-channel (FETs)
(4) Maximum power rating: low, medium, high
(5) Maximum operating frequency: low, medium, high, radio (RF), microwave frequency...
(6) Application: switch, general purpose, audio, high voltage, super-beta, matched pair
(7) Physical packaging: through-hole metal, through-hole plastic, surface mount, ball grid array, power modules...
(8) Amplification factor..." [Transistor. Wikipedia]
The shapes example "Design elements - Transistors" was drawn using the ConceptDraw PRO diagramming and vector drawing software extended with the Electrical Engineering solution from the Engineering area of ConceptDraw Solution Park.